Create a stylized crosstab table
Create the online table view
Add a new tab to your project. You can give it any name. In this example, the tab is “supertable_questions”.
In the JSON editor set the chartType to "SuperTable":
After setting chartType:
Drag the questions you want to include in the table into the grey box labeled "Add stubs...". Drag the banners you want to include to the blue header labeled "Add banners...".
The result is a neatly stylized table:
- Questions and values are on the left.
- The crosstab banners show as columns to the right.
- Press the red "x" on banners and stubs to remove them.
- To reorder the stubs, drag + drop.
Export SuperTables to Excel
Add another tab to the project. You can give it any name-- in this example, the tab is “supertables”.
In the JSON editor set the chartType to "SuperTables":
The result is an element with "Generate" export button:
- Specify the file name for your export in the text box.
- There's a bar to show export progress.
- The questions included are listed out.
Continue stats superscript letters
- Select continueSuperscripts if you don't want the first column of each banner to restart superscript letters at "a".
Show N size row under each question
- Deselect the hidRedundantBasis if you want to show an N size row under each question.
- Keep the option selected if you want to hide the N size row at each question when it is identical to the overall N size row of the export.
Hide/show Significance tests
- Select showSignficance to see pairwise stats markers in the export.
Resulting Excel export
The export will be a stylized Excel that looks similar to the look and feel of the online SuperTable.
The export also reflects the state of the global filters. If you save the project with a “complete” global filter, the export will show completes only.